Theatre Practitioner - Bolton
Position - Theatre Practitioner - Bolton
Ref - EKTHPRACB
Location - Bolton
Salary - £30,000
Hours- Full-time - Permanent
Our client has an opportunity for a Theatre Practitioner to join their dedicated and professional Theatre department in Bolton.
This role is offered on a permanent, full time basis at 37.5 hours per week.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
* Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration
* Approved/recognised anaesthetic course.
* Good interpersonal and communication skills
* Ability to work as part of a team
* Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills
* ENB 998 and/or mentorship course and/or D32/33/A1
Role Purpose & Core Responsibilities:
* Assemble, check and prepare the appropriate anaesthetic and recovery equipment, drugs and consumables for a wide range of operative procedures incorporating various types of anaesthesia. To ensure the safe care of the patient during their perioperative phase of care
* Participate in the 5 steps of the WHO Patient Safety checklists where appropriate for role.
* The ability to coordinate the use of the supplies and equipment during the operating list and during the immediate post-operative phase of care ensuring the equipment is used in an appropriate and safe manner.
* Conduct mandatory patient checks including informed consent, patient's identity and operative site against the supporting documentation, prior to the start of the anaesthetic and prior to the start of the procedure.
* Complete mandatory checks prior to the start of the procedure, during and pre wound closure
* Assist the Anaesthetist throughout the perioperative phase of care and during the immediate postoperative phase of care as required.
* Assist the anaesthetist in monitoring the patient's condition throughout the procedure and continue during the immediate postoperative phase of care. Taking appropriate action to manage any arising complications through contingency planning.
Salary & Employee Benefits Package:
* Healthcare Scheme
* Dental Plan
* Childcare Vouchers
* Staff Pension Scheme
* 25 days holiday per annum
* Gym membership discount
Key words: Theatre, Practitioner, ODP, Anaesthetics, Scrub, Recovery, NMC, HCPC.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.
For more information please contact Ellie King at Pulse Jobs on 0161 245 4453 or alternatively please forward your CV
Apply for Theatre Practitioner - Bolton
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly