Sister / Charge Nurse
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Ross Hall Hospital in Glasgow has a vacancy for a Sister/Charge Nurse to join their team of staff.
This role is offered on a permanent, full time basis at 36 hours per week.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered General Nurse
- ENB 998 / mentors module or equivalent desirable
- Excellent clinical skills and knowledge
- Sound knowledge of current professional issues
- Evidence of ongoing professional development
- Strong leadership skills
- Teaching skills
Duties of this role include:
- To be responsible for the operational management of the ward, demonstrating and providing sound clinical leadership.
- To delegate patients to the staff on duty according to the patients’ needs and the staff’s competence and learning needs.
- To effectively supervise the activities of all nursing staff and Ward Administrators on your shift.
- To ensure appropriate staffing levels on subsequent shifts and at the same time ensuring effective use of resources in line with the labour management tool.
- To be aware of budgetary constraints and work in a cost effective manner assisting with the maintenance of appropriate stock levels in the department.
- To ensure accurate completion of revenue capture forms for individual patients.
- To participate in the Senior Sister administration function and demonstrate sound and appropriate clinical decision making capabilities in relation information provided to patients and service users, and the utilisation of bed capacity and staff availability.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
If you are committed to delivering excellence in patient care and would like to work for an organisation that values its staff, patients and consultants, we would like to hear from you.