BMI Saxon Clinic in Milton Keynes is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Registered Nurse to join their team of staff in the Ward Department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Nurse (Adult)
- Mentorship qualification desirable
- Currently updated PREP profile
- Experience in clinical and nursing management of the adult patient undergoing surgical procedures or requiring medical intervention
- Understanding of the NMC Code of Professional Conduct
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Knowledge of quality assurance tools
- Experience of preceptorship / mentorship
- Evidence of recent clinical update and knowledge of the implications of PREP
Duties of this role include:
- To accept delegated responsibilities from the Senior Nurses or the Director of Nursing.
- To provide individualised patient care, which is assessed, planned, implemented and evaluated from admission to discharge.
- To continually strive to develop professionally; increasing knowledge, experience and skills and to develop excellent standards of care, supported by research findings.
- To identify, plan and implement high levels of care through assessment and evaluation of patient needs.
- Prepare and maintain clinical records of patient care, with reference to NMC standards for records and record keeping.
- Participate as a member of the ward team and encourage a team approach to patient care
- Provide information to patients, relatives and visitors referring question to other members of the hospital team as appropriate
- To act at all times in accordance with the NMC Code of Professional Conduct.
- To deliver a consistently high standard of research based practice.
- To participate in clinical audit and governance activities.
- Participate in the implementation and evaluation of standards of care
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Gym membership discount
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.