Anaesthetics Lead - Bristol, Avon
Position - Anaesthetics Lead - Bristol
Ref - ZAANAESLDBRI
Salary - On application
Hours - Full Time
Our client is one of the UK's leading independent providers of health and social care services. Within the healthcare division they offer a range of services through our GP surgeries, hospitals, treatment centres, prisons and diagnostic facilities.
They are currently looking for an experienced Anaesthetics Lead (Registered Nurse or ODP) to join their multidisciplinary team within the Theatre Department at a Treatment Centre in Bristol.
The Centre we offers day case and in-patient surgery across the following areas: dental surgery, ear, nose and throat procedures, endoscopy, general surgery, gynaecology, minor orthopaedic surgery, diagnostic imaging, pain management, ophthalmology, and urology as well as in-patient procedures in the following specialties: gynaecology, ear, nose and throat, joint replacements and general surgery.
They also provide diagnostic services, using the latest X-ray and ultrasound technology. As well as comprehensive one-stop outpatient service for orthopaedics, ear, nose and throat, gynaecology and urology.
As the Anaesthetic Lead you will take the lead in ensuring safe levels of patient care throughout any surgical or anaesthetic procedure. You will have current and adequate levels of knowledge, competence, understanding and skill in the field of anaesthesia.
Key duties will include:
* Leading the anaesthetic team to meet the requirements of quality patient care
* Complying with and ensuring that CQC, CNST and other standards are met in anaesthetic practice
* Ensuring that all procedures performed meet individual patient needs, reflect good practice and are provided by means of appropriate equipment, within the agreed patient care pathways
* Checking that patients have made informed decisions about their anaesthesia and that consent meets legal requirements
* Ensuring that comprehensive anaesthetic records are maintained
Knowledge / Skills / Qualifications:
To be successful in this role you will have:
* NMC registered Level 1 Nurse or HCPC registered Operating Department Practitioner
* Anaesthetic qualification
* Relevant and proven experience in the operating theatre, anaesthetics and recovery room
* Experience of assisting intubation, extubation and resuscitation of patients
* Up to date sound clinical knowledge of anaesthetics, sedatives, muscle relaxants, analgesics and emergency drugs as well as spinal, epidural and general anaesthetics
* Competency in IV therapies
* Knowledge of Infection control & theatre and recovery room policy and procedures
Key Words - Anaesthetics Lead, Theatre Practitioner, ODP
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.
For more information please contact Zoe Allen at Pulse Jobs on 07918 720922 alternatively
please forward your CV