Associate Director of Nursing
7 days left
- Job Type
BMI Alexander Hospital in Cheadle is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Associate Director of Nursing to join their team of staff in the Senior Management Team.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Evidence of relevant professional development, both clinically, managerially, preferably evidenced by certification and relevant registration certificate.
- Experienced in leading acute hospital services
- Clinical Professional Registration preferable but not essential.
- Up-to-date knowledge in area of practice
- Good financial awareness, including business planning and budgeting.
- Results driven, possessing a proven track record of delivering against targets.
- Awareness of Professional Codes of Accountability for nursing and Allied Health Care Services.
- Knowledge of HR management and Man Management Skills
- Recruitment and selection skills
- Previous experience within a managerial role in an acute hospital setting.
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to motivate a team of clinical professionals and hospital support staff.
Duties of this role include:
- Responsible for providing direction and leadership to Department Managers. Working with the Director of Clinical Services to support the initiatives of the hospital, driving a culture of safety, clinical effectives and continued improvement for the patient experience. The role is responsible for development, motivation and performance of all staff within the allocated remit, ensuring the achievement of CQC and BMI Standards.
- Lead the team to deliver care and services that helps improve the health of the individual and wider community
- Lead the team in demonstrating compassion through effective relationships based on empathy,respect and dignity
- Develop own competence to deliver effective care and treatments through improving clinical/technical knowledge / skill, and expertise
- Communicate appropriately with others involved in the care of the patient
- Act as an advocate for safeguarding patients, demonstrate courage to speak up when there are concerns about care
With the Director of Clinical Services, maintain professional nursing and clinical standards in accordance with the NMC Code of Professional Conduct and all other relevant allied care professional standards.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
BMI Healthcare Scheme
Staff Pension Scheme
25 days holiday per annum
Gym membership discount
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.