Clinical Services Manager
1 day left
- Job Type
Providing quality, inspiring innovation and delivering value is what we set out to achieve at Priory Healthcare. Enabling our patients with mental health difficulties to receive a truly integrated and holistic approach to their treatment, regardless of complexity or severity, thanks to the knowledge and expertise of our multidisciplinary clinical teams.
Priory Hospital Aberdare is an independent hospital providing care, treatment and rehabilitation for up to ten service users with a diagnosis of autistic spectrum condition (ASC) or a learning disability with associated mental health care needs. Our multidisciplinary team work together to develop personalised, recovery focused treatment programmes and care pathways, as well as a range of therapies to meet all service user needs.
The role holder will be part of the Senior Management and leading a team of nurses. Responsibilities would include being accountable for all clinical aspects in the hospital after Hospital Director and deputising on their absence.
Job would include ensuring delivery of an optimum level of clinical and therapeutic care together with ensuring compliance with statutory regulations and current legislation, meeting quality standards and delivering against key performance indicators. As a member of the Senior Management, the role holder will play a key part in developing and delivering the hospital strategy, providing operational and clinical leadership to the wider staff group in support of the Hospital Director.
Responsible for part of the management and development of the hospital's clinical strategy it is essential that the successful candidate has a proven track record in the delivery of clinical services across a range of learning disability and mental health specialties. The management of clinical governance, safeguarding and Mental Health Act issues is a key element. The ability to lead and manage change and willingness to develop new ideas and services for business growth would be expected.Key accountabilities:
- Ensure compliance with statutory regulations and current legislation, meets quality standards, and delivers against key performance indicators.
- Manage the effective implementation of clinical interventions and treatment designed to enhance the operation and quality of clinical services evaluating through clinical governance and audit.
- Manage and develop a highly skilled and motivated workforce through recruitment,
- selection, development and performance management processes.
- Manage the delivery of the clinical services business plan ensuring the effective and efficient management and control of staffing, budgets, materials and equipment.
- Support and contributes to the maintenance of the business relationships liaising with referrers and prospective purchasers.
- Promote an effective working relationship across the multidisciplinary teams.
- Ensure that nurses are up to date for revalidation in accordance with NMC guidelines.
- Deal with emergencies as appropriate in the hospital or on an on-call basis.
- Investigates and acts with integrity upon shortfalls in service to ensure we are open, honest and transparent at all times
- NMC (Nursing & Midwifery Council Registered)
- Extensive clinical and management experience
- Ability to harness the commitment and potential of others
- Fine tuned decision making skills
- Excellent organisational capability
- Effective communication skills
- Motivated with a strong "can do" attitude
- A role model to other staff - providing advice and support to promote good practice
- A competitive salary
- Disclosure check cost coverage
- Comprehensive induction and commitment to ongoing training
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Birthday Holiday - Your Birthday as an extra days annual leave
- Online benefits and cashback rewards
- Cycle to work scheme
- SMART Childcare V