Lead Theatre Practitioner
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Huddersfield Hospital in huddersfield has a vacancy for a Lead Theatre Practitioner - Anesthetics to join their team of staff in the Theatre department.
This role is offered on a full time, permanent basis at 37.5 hours per week.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HCPC registration
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to support and lead a department.
- Evidence of success in working in partnership with Consultants to explore and challenge existing practices while maintaining and enhancing the existing services and standards
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills
- An appreciation of the need to balance the provision of quality care while maintaining a business focus
Duties of this role include:
- The ability to coordinate the use of the supplies and additional equipment during an operating list ensuring the equipment is used appropriately and safely.
- Conduct mandatory patient checks including informed consent, patients identity and operative site against the supporting documentation, prior to the start of the procedure
- Monitor the patient’s condition throughout the procedure, taking appropriate action to manage any arising complications through contingency planning.
- Communicate appropriately with others involved in the care of the patient
- Monitor, order, receive and check stock items including prosthesis, equipment/instruments and drugs.
- Administer any drugs or fluids in accordance with the appropriate BMI policy
- Ensure any accidents or complaints are fully documented and that the appropriate senior manager is informed, in the theatre manager’s absence initiate the investigation.
- Complete all written documentation in a timely manner and to an acceptable level.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
If you are committed to delivering excellence in patient care and would like to work for an organisation that values its staff, patients and consultants, we would like to hear from you.