- Job Type
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Duchy Hospital in Harrogate has a vacancy for a Theatre Practitioner to join their team of staff in the Theatre department.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
• Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration
• Approved/recognised anaesthetic course.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills.
• ENB 998 and/or mentorship course
• External Advanced Scrub Practitioner Course
Duties of this role include:
• Assemble, check and prepare the appropriate anaesthetic and surgical equipment, drugs and consumables for a wide range of operative procedures incorporating various types of anaesthesia. To ensure the safe care of the patient during their perioperative phase of care.
• The ability to coordinate the use of the supplies and equipment during the operating list ensuring the equipment is used in an appropriate and safe manner.
• Conduct mandatory patient checks including informed consent, patient’s identity and operative site against the supporting documentation, prior to the start of the anaesthetic and prior to the start of the procedure.
• Complete mandatory surgical checks prior to the start of the procedure, during and pre wound closure
• Assist the Anaesthetist throughout the perioperative phase of care.
• Assist the anaesthetist in monitoring the patient’s condition throughout the procedure. Taking appropriate action to manage any arising complications through contingency planning.
• Administer drugs and fluids to the appropriate GHG policy
• Communicate appropriately with others involved in the care of the patient
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.