Senior Wards Nurse - Birmingham
Position - Registered Nurse - Wards - Birmingham
Ref - DBSRGNED
Salary - Full time up to £27k
Hours - 37.5 hours
We are looking for Senior Registered General Nurse (RGN) to join Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare in the West Midlands
Our client has a nationwide network of hospitals clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
* To promote and maintain caring and highly professional standards of nursing; meeting the needs of the patients in all aspects and promoting job satisfaction within the nursing team.
* The post-holder is responsible for planning and delivery of patient care to the agreed standards.
* The post-holder deputises on behalf of the Department Managers of the suite or department during spans of duty.
* Ensuring that work is carried out in accordance with hospital policies and ensuring that high standards of patient care and good order are provided and maintained.
* Working closely with members of staff in the Centre and maintaining high staff morale.
* Working closely with Consultants and discussing treatment plans, care provided and future regimes.
* Ensuring that correct nursing practices are carried out as per hospital procedure file.
* Liaise closely with suite staff regarding change/update in patients condition or treatment ensuring good continuity of care between day case and inpatients
* To assist in ensuring that hospital policies for the correct ordering, storage and use of Controlled Drugs are carried out.
* To perform venepuncture, cannulation and administer IV medication.
* To ensure that correct procedures are used when handing the patient to the care of another, in particular that adequate information and instructions are given.
* To ensure that specimens are dealt with safely, labelled accurately and transported according to hospital policy.
* To anticipate and respond to the needs of the patient and their relatives, providing written and verbal information of all aspects of patient care and treatment
* Level 1 RGN essential
* ENB 998 730 or similar qualification
* Be flexible and able to manage change
* Post registration clinical courses.
* Up to date knowledge in acute surgery/orthopaedics.
* Ward management experience.
* Aware of the NMC code of accountability.
* Good communicator
* Evidence of professional development
* Healthcare Scheme
* Dental Plan
* Childcare Vouchers
* Staff Pension Scheme
* 25 days holiday per annum
* Gym membership discount
* Shopping discount schemes
* Catering fun days
* Charity focus days
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.
For more information please contact Darene Blackwood at Pulse Jobs on 0161 245 4453 or 07514669415 alternatively Please forward your CV