Theatre Practitioner - Multi Disciplined (Bank)
5 days left
- Job Type
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in our 58 hospitals in the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Cavell Hospital in Enfield has a vacancy for a Theatre Practitioner to join their team of staff within the Theatres Department on a bank basis to cover Anaesthetics and Recovery.
Working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should have the following:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration
- Approved/recognised anaesthetic course.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills
- ENB 998 and/or mentorship course and/or D32/33/A1
Duties of this role include:
- Assemble, check and prepare the appropriate anaesthetic and recovery equipment, drugs and consumables for a wide range of operative procedures incorporating various types of anaesthesia.
- To ensure the safe care of the patient during their perioperative phase of care.
- The ability to coordinate the use of the supplies and equipment during the operating list and during the immediate post-operative phase of care ensuring the equipment is used in an appropriate and safe manner
- Conduct mandatory patient checks including informed consent, patient’s identity and operative site against the supporting documentation, prior to the start of the anaesthetic.
- Assist the Anaesthetist throughout the perioperative phase of care and during the immediate postoperative phase of care as required.
- Assist the anaesthetist in monitoring the patient’s condition throughout the procedure and continue during the immediate postoperative phase of care. Taking appropriate action to manage any arising complications through contingency planning.
- Proactively monitor the patient’s level of discomfort/pain and take appropriate actions to ensure the patient is comfortable.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Being the UK’s largest private healthcare provider, BMI Healthcare is able to offer staff excellent training support and progression potential, making this an excellent place to work.