Theatre Practitioner - Multi Disciplined (Bank)
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Hendon hospital in London has a vacancy for a Theatre Practitioner to join their team of staff within the Theatre Department.
Working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
It is essential that applicants have the following:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC/HPC registration
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the desire to positively contribute as part of a wider team
Anaesthetics and Recovery Practitioner, with HPC/NMC registration
Experience of mentoring students desirable though not essential.
Duties of this role include:
- Assembling and preparing appropriate surgical equipment and consumables for a wide range of operative procedures
- Performing mandatory surgical checks before the procedure, as well as monitoring the patient during and after pre-wound closure
- Administering drugs and fluid as appropriate and in line with policy/guidelines
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
If you are committed to delivering excellence in patient care and would like to work for an organisation that values its staff, patients and consultants, we would like to hear from you. To be considered for this role, please complete our brief online application form.