MI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in our 58 hospitals in the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Blackheath Hospital in London has a vacancy for a Healthcare Assistant to join their team of staff within the Outpatients Department on a part-time basis.
This post is part-time for 30 hours per week; lates, earlies, long-days and Saturdays.
It is essential that applicants have the following:
- Experience of working as an HCA in a Ward or Outpatients setting
- Excellent communication skills
- Organisational skills
- Customer Awareness
- Proven phlebotomy skills and experience
- IT skills
Duties of this role include:
- Prepare consulting rooms prior to clinics
- Prepare clinic sheets
- Prepare specialist trolleys prior to clinics
- General tidiness and cleanliness of consulting rooms and clinical areas
- Ensure adequate stocks are maintained
- Provide chaperone service when required
- Participate in provision of care to patients as directed by nurses or consultants
- Supervise/assist patients with dressing as required
- Supervise/assist patient’s mobility
- Act as patient advocate at all times
- Promote the hospital as a provider of high quality healthcare
- Record temperature, pulse, respiration, blood pressure and accurately chart when required, report abnormal readings to qualified nurse or consultant
- Obtain blood and other samples from patients and ensure their correct and safe storage and transportation to the laboratory.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Being the UK’s largest private healthcare provider, BMI Healthcare is able to offer staff excellent training support and progression potential, making this an excellent place to work.