Senior Theatre Practitioner - Scrub & Recovery
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Fawkham Manor Hospital in Longfield has a vacancy for a Senior Theatre Practitioner to join their team of staff in the Theatres department.
This is a full time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible pattern of day shifts.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration
- Theatre experience in scrub, anaesthetics and recovery
- Good people and daily management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to support and lead a team
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills
- Evidence of working in partnership with Consultants to explore and challenge existing practices while maintaining and enhancing services and standards.
- ENB 998 and/or mentorship course and/or D32/33/A1 are desirable
- Management qualification is desirable
- ILS is desirable
- ALS is desirable
- External Advanced Scrub Practitioner Qualification is desirable
Duties of this role include:
- To support, coordinate and actively assist in the management and organisation of care provision within the Operating Department while managing a delegated team.
- Provide quality planned care for patients during their perioperative phase of care by ensuring all team members deliver quality patient care by providing appropriate clinical and managerial leadership.
- Assist in the delivery of patient care
- Contribute to quality improvement
- Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self
- Promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice
- Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly.
- Respect the patient’s dignity, privacy, wishes and beliefs.
- Participate in HR activities
- Assist in the enhancement, development, introduction of services and initiatives
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
Competitive salary based on individual skills & experience
25 days annual leave (rising with length of service) plus public holidays
Discounted David Lloyd gym membership
BMI Healthcare's Medical plan
If you are committed to delivering excellence in patient care and would like to work for an organisation that values its staff, patients and consultants, we would like to hear from you. To be considered for this role, please complete our brief online application form and we will be in touch within 14 days of the closing date.