Outpatients Sister - Birmingham
Position -Outpatients Sister - Birmingham
Ref - DBOPSISBIRM
Salary - up to £31,000
Hours - 37.5 hours
We are looking for Sister/Charge Nurse to join the Pre Assessment team in the Outpatients Department in Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare in Birmingham.
Our client Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
Duties of this role
* To lead the Pre Assessment service and assist in the daily delivery of excellent nurse led patient care for patients undergoing elective surgery.
* To ensure that standards of customer care are consistently maintained at an excellent level in accordance with agreed operational policies and procedures as a skilled member of the department team.
* To promote and safeguard the well-being and interests of all customers, employees and visitors.
* To maintain a robust pre-operative process and be the main point of contact for the service, liaising with other departments to ensure the best possible patient care.
* To provide support and guidance for junior members of staff.
* To carry out detailed preoperative assessment of elective patients, including initiation of discharge planning procedures
* To carry out/ initiate preoperative investigations/diagnostic tests in line with existing pre-assessment protocols.
* To be responsible for following up and reviewing investigation results and alerting appropriate clinicians as necessary.
* Using relevant algorithms and risk assessment tools to identify areas of clinical concern, referring on to relevant specialists as per set criteria.
Salary & Benefits:
* Competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
* Healthcare Scheme
* Childcare Vouchers
* Staff Pension Scheme
* 25 days holiday per annum
* Gym membership discount
As a Sister/Charge Nurse you need:
* Registered Nurse with experience in a pre-admission setting.
* Up to date surgical knowledge and skills.
* Aware of NMC code of accountability.
* Department management/stats/financial control.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Demonstrates confidentiality.
* Enhanced computer skills
* ECG and phlebotomy skills.
Key Words - Senior, RGN, RN, Nurse, Registered, Team leader, Wards, Outpatients, Pre Assessment, Surgical Day case.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.
For more information please contact Darene Blackwood at Pulse Jobs on 0161 245 4453 or 07514669415 alternatively Please forward your CV