Sister / Charge Nurse - Pre Assessment
BMI Ridgeway Hospital in Swindon is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Sister/Charge Nurse to join their team of staff in the Pre-Assessment department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Nurse with experience in a pre-admission setting.
- Up to date surgical knowledge and skills.
- Aware of NMC code of accountability.
- Department management/stats/financial control.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrates confidentiality.
- Enhanced computer skills
- ECG and phlebotomy skills.
Duties of this role include:
- To lead the Pre Assessment service and assist in the daily delivery of excellent nurse led patient care for patients undergoing elective surgery.
- To ensure that standards of customer care are consistently maintained at an excellent level in accordance with agreed operational policies and procedures as a skilled member of the department team.
- To promote and safeguard the well-being and interests of all customers, employees and visitors.
- To maintain a robust pre-operative process and be the main point of contact for the service, liaising with other departments to ensure the best possible patient care.
To be responsible for ensuring excellent documentation of patient assessment, planned care and patient information provided at pre assessment.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
BMI Healthcare Scheme
Staff Pension Scheme
25 days holiday per annum
Gym membership discount
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.