Senior Registered Mental Nurse - Nottingham
1 day left
- Job Type
Position- Senior Staff Nurse - RMN or RNLD - Male Personality Disorder - Nottingham
Ref - STSSNPD
Location - Nottingham
Salary- Circa £33,000
Hours- Full Time - Permanent - Shift Patterns - 39.5 hours per week
My client is the UK's largest provider of specialist services in education, mental health rehabilitation and learning disabilities. It is a leading provider of services for people with a personality disorder and continues to grow these services with associated developments around innovative clinical models, and the development of measurable outcomes.
My clients site is a specialist mental health service for men with a personality disorder, who also present with complex mental health needs and challenging behaviours. All of our patients are detained under the Mental Health Act and our catchment area is nationwide.
Their goal is to enable personal, meaningful and sustainable positive change amongst the men we support; helping them to live with greater independence and move away from statutory services at the earliest appropriate opportunity.
My client is looking for a Senior Staff Nurse for their ground-breaking specialist PD site in Nottingham. You will need to be a qualified RMN or LD Nurse. You will be a strong team player, confident and motivated and well organised. Individuals should be fully conversant with the Mental Health Act and its recent updates; have an understanding of the latest nursing practices as well as the local and national agenda's that impact on nursing practice and patient care.
Description of Duties
- To lead a team of Nurses and Support Workers to achieve the highest possible standard of professional care.
- To take charge on a regular basis and to assist in the supervision and development of Nurses, Support Workers and students.
- Supervise an allocated team of Nurses and Support Workers.
- Develop and monitor managerial and clinical supervision within the allocated team.
- Monitor staff rotas effectively.
- Conduct Return to Work and Sickness interviews, at the request of the Head of Care.
- Investigate incidents and accidents as requested by the Head of Care/Hospital Manager.
- Conduct Appraisals with staff within the allocated team.
- Conduct clinical audit, as requested.
- Develop and complete allocated projects as agreed by the Head of Care/Hospital Manager.
- Duties may include acting for the Head of Care and/or the Hospital Manager in their absence.
- Report any ill health amongst Patients and make requests for RC/GP/Professional visits where necessary.
- To support the empowerment of Patients.
- Ensure that individual care plans are completed and maintained in conjunction with Patient, Relatives and other Health Care Professionals, and in accordance with NMC guidelines
- Assess Patients in all aspects of their care needs.
- Ability to deputise in a clinical lead role
- Excellent report writing skills and interpersonal communication skills
- Capacity to maintain documentation and undertake audits
- Supervision of staff rotas
- Ability to undertake training
- Ability to network, establish and maintain relationships with funding authorities, external clinical staff and regulatory organizations, local residents and representatives
- Ability to set objectives
- Confident and Assertive
- Registered Nurse (Mental Health) - Current Pin registration
- Accredited relevant training / courses
- Other relevant qualifications
- Company Pension
- Employee discount scheme
- Free parking
- Childcare vouchers
- Career progression
- Developmental opportunities
- Ongoing training
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.
For more information please contact Sam Taylor at Pulse Jobs on 0161 245 4453 or alternatively please forward your CV to sam.a-
Apply for Senior Registered Mental Nurse - Nottingham
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly