Senior Theatre Practitioner
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Carrick Glen Hospital in Ayrshire has a vacancy for a Senior Theatre Practitioner to join their team of staff in the Theatre department.
This role is offered on a permanent, part time basis at 30 hours per week.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to support and lead a team
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills
- Evidence of working in partnership with Consultants to explore and challenge existing practices while maintaining and enhancing services and standards.
- External/ Internal Advanced Scrub Practitioner Qualification.
- ENB 998 and/or mentorship course and/or D32/33/A1
- Management qualification
Duties of this role include:
- Assemble, check and prepare the appropriate surgical and recovery equipment, and consumables for a wide range of operative procedures.
- The ability to coordinate the use of the supplies and equipment during an operating list and in the immediate post operative phase of care ensuring the equipment is used in an appropriate and safe manner
- Conduct mandatory patient checks including informed consent, and the WHO checklist prior to the start of the anaesthetic and prior to the start of the procedure.
- Complete mandatory surgical checks prior to the start of the procedure, during and pre wound closure
- Proactively monitor the patient’s level of discomfort/pain and take appropriate actions to ensure the patient is comfortable.
- Administer drugs and fluids to the appropriate GHG policy
- Communicate appropriately with others involved in the care of the patient
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.