Senior Registered Nurse
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in our 58 hospitals in the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Lancaster Hospital in Lancaster has a vacancy for a Senior Registered Nurse to join their team of staff within the Wards Department.
This post is for 37.5 hours per week
It is essential that applicants have the following:
- Demonstrable competence in an Acute General Surgical setting.
- First level Nurse licensed to practice by Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC)
- Post-registration experience within a surgical environment
- Relevant post-graduate qualification/course (desirable)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Professional attitude and caring disposition
Duties of this role include:
- Maintain professional standards in accordance with the NMC Code of Professional Conduct
- Ensure compliance with standards in respect of all legislative requirements.
- Ensure the timely and accurate completion of charge forms, patient records and other documents
- Ensure all such forms are stored safely and in accordance with Data Protection legislation
- Help to promote a culture of customer service throughout the nursing department, and identify areas for improvement as appropriate.
- Maintain relationships with multi-disciplinary teams and agencies.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with consultants
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Being the UK’s largest private healthcare provider, BMI Healthcare is able to offer staff excellent training support and progression potential, making this an excellent place to work.