Day Ward RGN - Hampshire
Job Title - Day Ward RGN - Hampshire
Ref - ZADWHAMP
Salary - Dependent upon experience
Hours - Part time - 23 Hrs PW
The Vacancy -
My client is currently recruiting for a RGN to work in Day Ward at their site in Hampshire. This is a part time role to cover 2 days per week being Friday and Saturday offering a total of 23 hours (11.5 hours per shift).
Conducting basic ward duties as allocated by the Day Ward Manager, Shift Leader or the Senior Nurse on Duty to meet the standards required by the Company in providing a high quality service to patients.
My client provides surgery in their outpatient, day case or inpatient departments depending on your clinical needs. Their goal is to provide you with the fastest pathway to high quality assessment and treatment that they can.
Responsible to - Ward Manger
Key responsibilities -
* To be responsible for the admission of any new patient to the centre including establishment of a good mutual relationship completing all relevant documentation - identify and introduce named nurse/key worker.
* To liaise with members of the medical and associated professions and ensure that prescribed or recommended treatment is carried out.
* Help to pro-actively monitor levels of patient care and plan new interventions to maintain optimal patient care.
* To undertake any specific duties as delegated by the Unit Manager/ Team leader on an ad hoc basis. Escalate any deterioration in patient condition to the appropriate clinician for review.
* To maintain a nurse-led discharge service for all patients having elective day surgery.
* Attend to any post operative needs for day case patients such as TWOCs, eye sutures etc where Outpatients cannot support the on-going patient care requirements.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications -
* At least 2 years post basic experience
* Up to date sound clinical surgical knowledge.
* Good verbal / written communication skills.
* Awareness of legislative requirements with regard to H & S.
* Sound knowledge of Infection control policy and procedures.
* Ability to solve problems/ think literally/laterally.
* Customer and performance orientated.
* NMC Registered Adult Nurse
Desirable Experience -
* Qualification in relevant specialty.
* Degree educated
* Mentorship qualification
* ALS certificate
* ALERT course attendance.
* Strong nursing morals
* Proactive self starter with the ability to manage activity in a highly regulated environment .
* Tenacity and determination to ensure that training is delivered to those that require it as a priority.
* Ability to build rapport and influence at every level of an organization.
* Willingness to work in patient areas
* Ability to inspire professionalism
* Strong results orientation
* Excellent communication skills
* Attention to detail
* Planning and organisation
* Ability to work under pressure
* Ability to work independently, without supervision
* Computer literate
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.
For more information please contact Zoe Allen at Pulse Jobs on 07918 720922 or email