Theatre Practitioner - Recovery (Bank)
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Ridgeway Hospital in Swindon has a vacancy for a Theatre Practitioner - Recovery to join their team of staff in the Theatre department.
Within the BMI Ridgeway hospital there are 3 theatres which use high standard equipment and up to date techonology. In one of the theatres there is a state of the art Stryker Navigational Suite, which is a completely integrated computer assisted surgery solution with a ceiling mounted camera. We have also acquired the use of the O-ARM which is a 3-Dimentional surgical imaging platform that is used for spinal surgery providing real time intra operative imaging of patient anatomy with high quality images and a large field of view in both two and three dimensions. We are also based in a great location close to many attractions and local amenities.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills
- ENB 998 and/or mentorship course and/or D32/D33/A1
Duties of this role include:
- To provide quality planned care for patients during their peri operative phase of care
- To support and assist in the management and organisation of care provision within the Operating Department
- Assist in the delivery of patient care
- Contribute to quality improvement
- Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self
- Promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice
- Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly.
- Respect the patient’s dignity, privacy, wishes and beliefs.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.