Urgent Care Practitioner / Paramedic Practitioner - North East Essex
Great opportunity for an ECP, ENP, Paramedic Practitioner or Nurse Practitioner who is looking for additional work.
Care UK requires appropriately qualified Nurse Practitioners, Paramedic Practitioners and ECP's to work as Urgent Care Practitioners, supporting our Out of Hours services in North East Essex.
North East Essex OOH operates from two sites with their main base located in Colchester:
•North Colchester PCC, North Colchester Healthcare Centre, Colchester
•Clacton PCC, Clacton & District Hospital, Clacton-on-Sea
To be applicable for this role you will have experience in working autonomously within a primary care setting and working as an ECP, NP or ENP.
Working from our OOH primary care centres and/or visiting cars, you will assess, diagnose and treat patients presenting with illness within your scope of practice using Patient Group Directions. You’ll work as part of our committed team, with support from operational colleagues and a dedicated GP or Advanced Nurse Practitioner to provide real-time clinical advice by phone.
You will be an experienced clinician who has a real passion for patient care coupled with a proven track record of working within the Primary Care environment.
This is a Bank Contract paying £25-£28ph depending on shift
- Post registration qualification to evidence autonomous clinical practice relevant to Urgent care
- Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary team in an acute or Primary Care setting
- Highly developed specialist knowledge underpinned by theory and experience
- Experience of working under pressure and managing varying workloads and changing demands
- Administration of medications within Patient Group Directions (PGD’s)
- Understanding of patient management in Primary Care setting
- Sound knowledge of local primary care services including key players
- Minor Injuries and Illness qualification
Care UK is the largest independent provider of NHS healthcare services and provides OOH services in many parts of the UK. You can expect full training and induction, a competitive rate of pay and the buzz of working as part of our busy team providing high quality patient care.