Advanced Nurse Practitioner - Warwickshire OOH
Are you a Nurse Practitioner / Advanced Nurse Practitioner looking for a work-life balance? Or an Emergency Care Practitioner looking for a challenge? We are currently recruiting for an Advanced Nurse Practitioner to join our team at the NHS Warwickshire Out of Hours Service.
Care UK can provide flexible shifts to fit with your needs and lifestyle, whether you would like a permanent full time/part-time opportunity or a flexi contract to fit around you and your other commitments Care UK would like to hear from you.
Working in an Out of Hours environment is both challenging and rewarding; it would suit an ANP/ECP who has a flexible can-do approach and patient centric mind set. This is an exciting opportunity to add to your career portfolio.
You will be responsible for delivering face-to-face and telephone services enabling patients to obtain health advice from the appropriate health care professional. Ordering investigations and interpreting results, you will hold a Nurse Prescribing certificate and be competent to prescribe for patients and be responsible for providing an excellent standard of patient care and health promotion to the general public accessing urgent care services, you will also take the lead role in the provision of Palliative care and other specialist nursing services within the unscheduled care environment.
- To provide safe and effective health assessments and treatment of patients attending Primary Care Centres.
- To deliver face to face and telephone services which will enable patients to obtain health advise from the appropriate health care professional.
- To be accountable for their own practice including the assessment, diagnosis, treatment and discharge or referral of patients, independent of medical intervention, who attend the Primary care Centres.
- To practice as an Advanced Nurse Practitioner/Nurse Practitioner within own sphere of competence and agreed acceptable limits of practice. To assess patients, and order and interpret investigations, diagnose and treat patients who wish to be seen by an Advanced Nurse Practitioner /Nurse Practitioner
- To be responsible for the assessment of care needs the development, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care, without supervision, and to teach other nursing and non-nursing staff.
- To work as part of the multi-disciplinary team in providing quality, evidence-based health care to meet the immediate needs of the patient.
- To take an active role within the cross-disciplinary, multi-skilled team to ensure service quality in line with corporate goals and strategy, and to assist in the development of new models for service delivery which have a positive impact on the health economy.
- To provide safe and effective health assessments and treatment of patients visited at home
- To work solely at a base and provide safe and effective health assessments and treatment to patients.
Skills and Experience
- Able to prioritise.
- Able to use own initiative.
- Understand team nursing and team working.
- Eager to embrace change.
- Able to adapt to changing situations. Ability to think logically, to make decisions, cope with stress, and work with all levels of staff.
- To have clear speaking voice and fluency in written/spoken English
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good listening skills
- To possess imagination and intuition
- To be confident in autonomous face-to-face patient interactions.
- Be able to demonstrate wide knowledge base.
- Understanding of patient management in PCC setting
- Sound understanding of legal / professional implications of independent practice
- Familiarity with computers
- Sound knowledge of local primary care services including key players
- Eager to teach both formally and informally
- Five years recent experience in acute / primary care nursing
- Recent experience of face-to-face patient care
- Experience of patient contact services and / or primary care nursing
- Degree level / Postgraduate level ANP qualification
- Evidence of recent study (PREP)
- Recognised Nurse Prescribing Qualification
- Postgraduate, e.g. ENB 998 Teaching /Mentorship course
Full and part time opportunities available on contract or self-employed basis.
Applicants must have the right to work in the EU as we are unable to provide sponsorship or assistance.
Employment subject to enhanced DBS check.
If you would like more information or an informal discussion please contact Lisa Dyson - email@example.com