Pre Assessment Nurse - Nottingham
Position -Pre Assessment Nurse - Nottingham
Ref - DBPRETH
Location - Nottingham
Salary - £25,000 - £30,000
Hours - Full time - 37.5 Hrs - Permanent
Reports to: Team Leader
The Vacancy -
My client is currently looking for an experienced Pre assessment nurse to join their team at their Nottingham site.
The successful candidate will work flexibly, as part of the hospital's clinical team, to provide the highest standards of nursing care to their patients; to maintain high standards of communication throughout the hospital, and to make a positive contribution towards the team's pursuit of excellence.
The post holder will contribute to the achievement of the aims and objectives of the Pre Assessment Dept. Managing the care and safety of all patients within the Departments. You will ensure that the nursing teams are efficient and effective using appropriate pathways of care and communication via liaison and referral to other agencies/departments as required.
You may be routinely assigned to our Day Unit. However all staff nurses will cover a wide range of duties throughout the hospital, as required by our patients. Duties include:
* Providing the highest standards of nursing care as required within each of our care settings.
* Preparing the pre assessment rooms ready to undertake pre assessment clinics.
* Undertake full pre assessment for minor and major surgery pathways
* Full understanding of the surgical procedures carried out at Nottingham and deliver education to the patients at Pre assessment
* Ensuring the Patient Record is completed in a timely and accurate way.
* Acting as mentor for students, learners, junior nurses and Health Care Assistants and recording progress, as appropriate
* Participating in teaching within your sphere of knowledge and skill
* Organising own time and taking responsibility for duties delegated by the Pre assessment Team leader and Lead Nurse.
* Maintaining effective channels of communication at all times & ensure that the daily checking procedures required for Health & Safety are undertaken as required.
* To undertake & assist in dressings, and minor procedures.
* Complying with their policies/procedures and in particular, issues relating to Health and Safety, COSSH, Incident Reporting and the Data Protection Act.
* Reporting all accidents and untoward incidents and complete appropriate forms.
* Acting as specialist/link person having undergone the relevant training sessions in your area of expertise.
* Developing the patient pathway to ensure that the patient is prepared physically and psychologically to undergo necessary procedures.
* Ensuring patient receives the appropriate documented information for the planned procedure.
* Delivering patient care in accordance with recognised standards of research and evidence based best clinical practise.
* Leading by example to ensure that the rights, dignity and confidentiality of the patient are protected at all times.
* Undertaking any other duties that may reasonably be required.
Qualifications, Skills and experience -
* Experience in a similar role
* NMC registration
* Demonstrable record of CPD
* Knowledge of current issues in professional practice with particular relevance to the Unit
* Knowledge of standards of professional practice in the wider healthcare context
* A calm, caring and empathic attitude towards patients, relatives & colleagues
* An ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels, with a commitment to collaborative working
* Team-building skills
* Excellent standard of patient care
* Flexible approach to work and working hours
* Strong organisational skills
* Relate well to all staff
* Diligent and enthusiastic
* Willingness to learn new skills through practical experience.
* Additional registration
* Post basic course
* Research and audit experience
* Evidence of change management
* Completion of all local competency packages
* IT skills and awareness
* Flexibility to work in different specialties
Key Words - RGN, Registered General Nurse, Outpatients, Pre Assessment, Day case, Skin surgery, Pain management.
For more information please contact Darene Blackwood at Pulse Jobs on 0161 245 4453 or 07514 669415 or alternatively please forward your CV