Staff Nurse - Paediatric Ward
About Bupa Cromwell Hospital
Located in the heart of Kensington, Bupa Cromwell Hospital is an international hospital committed to providing the highest quality healthcare for our patients. We are the preferred health care provider for leading consultants, complex patients, international and local patients alike. We deliver an unparalleled patient experience, tailored to cultural needs and are continuously improving best practice.
About the Department
Our Starfish Ward provides clinical facilities to care for children undergoing both simple and complex medical and surgical procedures We offer a caring environment for children in a segregated facility and provide a wide range of supporting treatments and therapies. We have some of the most advanced diagnostic facilities available, and our staff are specially trained to make young patients feel as comfortable and confident as possible.
Who we're looking for
Our staff are well known for being some of the best in London. We are looking for a dedicated and professional children's nurse to join our friendly team as a Staff Nurse on our Starfish ward. We will require you to:
- Be a registered Children's Nurse
- Have experience working within a similar ward
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
About the Role
We look to you to be an integral part of the multi disciplinary team delivering an exceptionally high standard of care to out patients and their families. You will provide this by ongoing assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of safe and effective care.
£28,845 - £35,026 per annum depending on experience plus £1375 allowance
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prioritising patient care needs.
- Engaging in and promoting multi-disciplinary teamwork alongside: specialist doctors, nurses, interpreters and therapists.
- Understand the principles of delivering prescribed treatment safely to achieve positive patient outcomes.
- Competency displayed at the bedside, patient assessment, clinical skills and documentation.
- Act at all times as the patient advocate.
Why work for us?
We are looking for highly skilled and enthusiastic people with vision and ambition. In return, Bupa Cromwell Hospital offers its employees an environment where we embrace employee engagement, performance excellence, development and diversity, helping our people to realise their potential.
As well as competitive salaries, we want you to enjoy working with us. We support and appreciate our people and will help you develop your skills in a challenging and rewarding hospital environment. We have no shareholders, so any profit we make is re-invested in to the business to support our people and improve healthcare for our patients.
We offer a range of benefits, a few of which are listed below. However you can view the full list at the dedicated link on our careers page:
- We'll help balance your home and work life with 25 days holiday each year (pro rata for part time employees).
- We believe in our business and the difference it can make, offering you free private medical insurance and subsidised rates for you to cover your immediate family.
- We also offer you discounts for treatment at the hospital for you and your immediate family if you're not covered by medical insurance.
- We offer peace of mind with free life assurance of three times your base pay.
- We support you in planning for your future with our occupational pension scheme.
- All employees benefit from a specialist online discount website covering your everyday shopping, entertainment, eating out and insurance cover.
- We have an employee referral scheme where you can earn an additional £800 by referring an ex-colleague, friend or family member.
- Our subsidised gym membership will help you keep in tip top shape!
- If you would prefer a full-body massage, we offer them free to staff too!
- And to keep you well fed, we have a subsidised staff restaurant and coffee shop lead by expert caterers.