Theatre Manager - Hampshire
Position -Theatre Manager - Hampshire
Location - Hampshire
Reference - ZATHMANP
Salary - £45,000 - £50,000
Hours - Full Time - Permanent
My client is currently looking for an experienced Theatre Manager to join their theatre team at their Hampshire site.
The successful candidate will provide exemplary planned care for patients while managing more than one perioperative team in a safe, efficient and financially successful manner while maximising theatre utilisation.
You will ensure the perioperative teams deliver effective patient care by providing excellent clinical and managerial leadership, within available resources and budgetary objectives.
You will also manage the prosthesis and consumables effectively in order to manage an efficient service within the theatre suite.
* Develop practice in the assessment of health and well being needs.
* Develop practice in addressing patient's health and well being needs.
* Establish and maintain communication with various groups on complex and potentially stressful topics across a range of situations.
* Develop own knowledge and practice and assist others to continually professionally develop.
* Develop a working environment and culture that actively improves health, safety and security.
* Develop strategies and policies for service improvement, to include the development of business initiatives both locally and nationally.
* Improve quality and adhere to regulatory standards.
* Enable people to exercise their rights and promote their equality and diversity.
* Lead others in the development of knowledge, ideas and work practices.
* Delegate work to others.
* Determine the effective use of efficient use of physical and financial resources.
* Undertake Human Resource activities for all members of the team.
* Develop practice in applying technology and measurement, monitoring and treatment.
* Acknowledge the risk of Healthcare Associated Infections (HCAI) and understand own responsibility as agreed with line manager in the prevention and control of HCAI.
* Manage effectively identified risks within the department in a controlled and safe manner.
Knowledge / Skills / Qualifications:
* Clinical Practitioner.
* Evidence of substantial post registration continual professional development in management and other clinically related and relevant subjects
* Management or supervisory qualification.
* Working within a performance driven culture while maintaining safe standards.
* Meeting financial and budgetary targets.
* Management, motivation and development of the clinical team.
* Evidence of implementing continuous improvement initiatives.
* Supporting the commercial development of clinical services locally
* Actively creating new business opportunities to support sales and profit targets
* Experience of working in partnership with consultants and participating in creating innovative solution for new services.
* Challenging consultants to influence evidence based practice
* Working as a practitioner and senior manager in and across clinical teams
* Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills to a range of complex and varied perioperative issues.
* Critically applying knowledge and skills gained through substantial clinical experience.
* Experience of independent sector
* Strategically commercial and familiarity with service developments.
* Substantial perioperative experience.
* Coaching and leadership skills
* Root Cause Analysis
* Trained on MS Office and other relevant packages
* Business Development skills e.g. creation of business cases
* Marketing products
* HR policies and procedures, particularly Performance Review
Salary & Benefits:
My client offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
* contributory pension scheme
* Life assurance
* Private medical cover
* Wellness screening.
* Eyesight tests
* Childcare vouchers
* Cycle to work Scheme
* Gym membership
* Transport season ticket loans
* Motivating workplace environment
Key Words - Theatre Manager, Senior Manager, Senior Theatre Practitioner, Clinical Governance
For more information please contact Zoe Allen at Pulse Jobs on 07918 720922 alternatively
Please forward your CV