1 day left
- Job Type
BMI Duchy Hospital in Harrogate is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Theatre Practitioner - Scrub and Recovery to join their team of staff in the Theatre department.
This is a FULLtime role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Post-registration experience within a surgical / recovery environment in the UK, Also demonstrate competence in Acute General Surgery
- First level Nurse licensed to practice by Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC)
- Relevant post-graduate qualification/course (desirable) – Advanced Life Support (ALS) Intermediate Life Support (ILS), ENB 998 (or equivalent)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Professional attitude and caring disposition
Duties of this role include:
- Your role is to assess, plan, deliver and evaluate high standards of nursing care and to work as part of the theatre team, supervising and directing junior staff where applicable. For the most part, your role will require escorting pre-operative patients to theatre and ensuring their safe return to the ward from theatre recovery.
- To deliver high quality patient care which is clinically effective, evidence based and appropriate?
- To undertake clinical competency assessment of junior/support staff, within own qualification and remit.
- To participate in integrated governance and risk assessment and it’s reporting as required.
- To undertake delegated responsibility for senior staff during short periods of absence.
- To provide input to the review, update and implementation of policy and procedural changes within area of additional / lead responsibility.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
BMI Healthcare Scheme
Staff Pension Scheme
25 days holiday per annum
Gym membership discount
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.