Lead Theatre Practitioner
BMI Ridgeway Hospital in Swindon is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Lead Theatre Practitioner to join their team of staff in the Theatre department. Within the BMI Ridgeway hospital there are 3 theatres which use high standard equipment and up to date techonology. In one of the theatres there is a state of the art Stryker Navigational Suite, which is a completely integrated computer assisted surgery solution with a ceiling mounted camera. We have also acquired the use of the O-ARM which is a 3-Dimentional surgical imaging platform that is used for spinal surgery providing real time intra operative imaging of patient anatomy with high quality images and a large field of view in both two and three dimensions.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern which can be between Monday to Friday 8am to 9pm and Saturday 8am to 6pm. We are also based within a great location close to many different attractions and amentities.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration
- Post qualification experience
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Advanced Scrub Practitioner qualification.
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills is desirable
- ENB 998 and/or mentorship course is desirable
Duties of this role include:
- To provide quality planned care for patients during their perioperative phase of care
- To support and assist in the management and organisation of care provision within the Operating Department
- Assist in the delivery of patient care
- Contribute to quality improvement
- Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self
- Promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice
- Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
BMI Healthcare Scheme
Staff Pension Scheme
25 days holiday per annum
Gym membership discount
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.