Lead Cancer Nurse
BMI Bishops Wood is a self-contained 40 bed private hospital set on the Mount Vernon Hospital campus in Northwood. The hospital has dedicated staff and patient car parking and is well served by local public transport.
Although we cover over 30 different specialities and work alongside 120+ Consultants we are justifiably proud on our Orthopaedic and Oncology services. Our recently refitted and award winning Cancer treatment centre has dedicated consulting rooms and specialist staff including McMillan Nurses.
Within both of our Laminar Flow theatres we offer high quality equipment and innovative procedures including IORT breast cancer treatments and Biomet nStride Autologous Protein treatments.
BMI Healthcare’s Bishops Wood Hospital in London has a vacancy for a Lead Cancer Nurse to join their team of staff within the Oncology Department.
This post is for 37.5 hours per week
It is essential that applicants have the following:
- RN adult, educated to degree level
- Appropriate oncology experience and qualification
- Chemotherapy qualification
- Qualification in Teaching and Assessing
Duties of this role include:
- To strategically plan the Oncology service across all patient types, inpatients, day cases and outpatients
- To promote and maintain caring and highly professional standards of nursing; meeting the needs of patients in all aspects
- To act as specialist resource for oncology patients and staff
- The post-holder is responsible for the management of their department - this includes the planning and delivery of care to agreed standards to include the day to day management of in-patient care and running of the chemotherapy unit.
- To provide a high profile commitment to professional development, teaching and education for all levels of nursing staff in the hospital
- The post-holder is responsible for the management of the 24 hour oncology helpline
- To participate in MDT and ensure all Hospital cancer patients are discussed
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Being the UK’s largest private healthcare provider, BMI Healthcare is able to offer staff excellent training support and progression potential, making this an excellent place to work.