Theatre Healthcare Assistant (Bank)
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in our 58 hospitals in the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Chelsfield Park Hospital in Orpington has a vacancy for an Assistant Theatre Practitioner to join their team of staff within the Theatres Department on a Bank basis.
Working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
It is essential that applicants have the following:
- Previous experience of working within an acute clinical environment
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good general education, literature and numeracy
- Health / care related qualification or completed programme of study
- Phlebotomy skills
Duties of this role include:
- To undertake a range of duties in support, and under supervision of, Registered Healthcare Professionals
- To contribute to effective working relationships with colleagues, patients and visitors
- To contribute to high standards of clinical practice and care being delivered to patients within the hospital
- Participate in providing care to a group of patients under supervision of Registered Practitioners within the Operating Theatre Department as allocated by the theatre lead
- Only undertake delegated tasks that are within the remit of own training, competence, knowledge and understanding
- Prepare patient documentation as requested
- Ensure that the general operating theatre environment is generally in a tidy state
- Maintain patient confidentiality at all times
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Being the UK’s largest private healthcare provider, BMI Healthcare is able to offer staff excellent training support and progression potential, making this an excellent place to work.