Theatre Practitioner - Multi Disciplined (Bank)
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in our 58 hospitals in the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Chelsfield Park Hospital in Orpington has a vacancy for a Theatre Practitioner (Bank) to join their team of staff within the Theatres Department.
Working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
As part of the clinical team you will ensure that efficient and quality clinical care and service is received by our patients and other service users.
We are looking for flexible, motivated and enthusiastic Nurses and Operating Department Practitioners to join our friendly theatre team. Staff must have a flexible approach to work patterns with good interpersonal skills. You will be multi-skilled in theatre scrub, circulating, anaesthetic and recovery duties.
In return we offer competitive hourly rate, depending on experience. We will provide you with the opportunity to rotate between scrub, recovery and anaesthetic duties as required. Opportunity to complete comprehensive mandatory training.
The operating department consists of 2 fully compliant laminar flow theatres, operating 6 days per week. Occasional Sunday work undertaken.
Disciplines of surgery performed are: General surgery, Urology, Gynaecology, Orthopaedics (major and minor), ophthalmic, ENT, vascular, bariatric and minimally invasive surgery.
It is essential that applicants have the following:
- Relevant post-registration qualifications in anaesthetic, recovery, scrub.
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development.
- IV certificate desirable.
- Mentorship course desirable.
- First Surgical Assistant qualification desirable.
- Ability to scrub, circulate, assist with anaesthetics and recover patients in following catagories: General surgery, Urology, Gynaecology, Orthopaedics (major and minor), ophthalmic, ENT, vascular, bariatric and minimally invasive surgery.
Duties of this role include:
- Assess, plan, Implement and evaluate patient care.
- Provide care in accordance with BMI policies
- Work as member of the multidisciplinary team for the welfare of the patient.
- Maintain legible and accurate records of care in accordance to BMI policies and procedures.
- Ensure accurate billing of items used in relation to theatre activity.
- You will be multi-skilled in theatre scrub, circulating, anaesthetic and recovery duties.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Being the UK’s largest private healthcare provider, BMI Healthcare is able to offer staff excellent training support and progression potential, making this an excellent place to work.