Theatre Practitioner - Scrub
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in our 58 hospitals in the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Chelsfield Hospital in Orphington has an opportunity for a Theatre Practitioner - Scrub to join our dedicated and professional Theatre department.
BMI Chelsfield Park, has a compact theatre department consisting of 3 operating theatres covering a wide range of surgical procedures: laparoscopic general and gynae, orthopaedics, plastics, vascular, ENT, ophthalmology, and also supports the Assisted Conception Unit, with egg collections.
The theatre team consist of a blend of qualified and multi-skilled Registered Nurses and ODP's and some provide a valuable 1st assistant role to the surgeon
Role Purpose & Core Responsibilities:
- Provide quality planned care for patients during their peri operative phase of care
- Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self
- Promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice
- Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly
- Communicate appropriately with others involved in the care of the patient
- Monitor, order, receive and check stock items including prosthesis, equipment/instruments and drugs
- Administer any drugs or fluids in accordance with the appropriate policy
- Ensure any accidents or complaints are fully documented and that the appropriate senior manager is informed
Knowledge / Skills / Qualifications:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills
- External Advanced Scrub Practitioner qualification.
- ENB 998 and/or mentorship course and/or D32/33/A1
Successful candidates are required to undergo an enhanced disclosure.
Salary & Employee Benefits Package:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Dental Plan
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Gym membership discount
This is a full-time post for 37.5 hours per week.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV.