Registered Nurse (Bank)
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Albyn Hospital in Aberdeen has a vacancy for a Registered Nurse to join their team of staff in the Endoscopy department.
This role is offered on a Bank basis, with shifts offered on an "as and when required" basis. To cover periods of leave and to supplement staff during busy times.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered practitioner with NMC or HPC Registration.
- Basic competence and intended or actual qualification in Endoscopic Care and Decontamination and/or Operators Course in Decontamination.
- Knowledge of appropriate standards and external bodies.
- Experience or training in pain management care of the deteriorating patient, care of patient under conscious sedation requiring monitored recover.
- Experience of Clinical Governance and audit.
- Teaching, Assessing and Mentorship qualifications.
Duties of this role include:
- Provide quality planned care for patients undergoing endoscopic procedures within own scope of practice.
- To participate in the improvement in Essential Quality Requirements and Best Practice standards (HTM 01 – 06, Royal College guidelines, GRS, JAG, etc.) in endoscopy service delivery of flexible endoscopy services including decontamination and clinical care.
- To develop and enhance their own skills and knowledge.
- Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly.
- Act as the patient advocate and respect the patient’s privacy, wishes and beliefs.
- Participate in departmental communication, policy development, and continuous quality improvement and meetings.
- Adhere to departmental communication programme for flexible endoscopes
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
If you are committed to delivering excellence in patient care and would like to work for an organisation that values its staff, patients and consultants, we would like to hear from you.