Infection Prevention and Control Lead
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Sandringham Hospital in Kings Lynn has a vacancy for a Infection Prevention and Control Lead to join their team.
This role is part - time for 7.5 hours.
It is essential that applicants have the following:
- Able to apply specialist knowledge to risk assessment and support appropriate controls
- Registered Nurse (or other profession e.g. Operating Department Practioner)
- Ability to provide leadership and development of all disciplines of staff
- Ability to work across disciplines
- Good communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Motivational skills
- Presentation skills
Duties of this role include:
- Depending on level of competency the role holder will be the key implementer of the Hospital IPC program.
- Utilises and works in partnership with the local Infection Control Doctor (ICD) ensuring that the service level agreement is appropriate for the hospital size, activity levels and complexity.
- To ensure risks of infection are identified throughout all hospital departments and disciplines and risk assessments are in place reflecting controls that are reviewed at least annually and as otherwise indicated.
- To ensure local infection control policies reflect corporate policies, writing local Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) as appropriate, and liaise with departmental heads to ensure these are implemented.
- To ensure all staff have appropriate infection prevention and control training using a combination of online and face to face training.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
If you are committed to delivering excellence in patient care and would like to work for an organisation that values its staff, patients and consultants, we would like to hear from you. To be considered for this role, please complete our brief online application form and we will be in touch within 14 days of the closing date.