Registered Nurse (Bank)
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Ross Hall Hospital in Glasgow has a vacancy for a Registered Nurse to join their team of staff in the Imaging department.
This role is offered on a Bank basis, with shifts offered on an "as and when required" basis. To cover periods of leave and to supplement staff during busy times.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Working towards expertise in various Cardiology / Radiology intervention procedures
- Teaching ability.
- Organisational ability.
- Ability to self-update with new techniques / treatments.
- Awareness of what is involved in PREP.
- Clinical Advice.
- Management of resources
Duties of this role include:
- Liaise, inform and co-ordinate with the Diagnostic Imaging Sister / Charge Nurse and Department Manager
- Assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating and documenting of patient care in order to maintain a high standard of care.
- Competence in assisting Consultant Radiologists / Cardiologists during Diagnostic and Interventional procedures.
- Safe administration and recording of treatments.
- Formulate and implement nursing care standards for the department to establish a quality service.
- Adhere to all Corporate and Departmental policies (Fire, COSHH, Infection Control, H & S)
- Attend all mandatory Training sessions
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
If you are committed to delivering excellence in patient care and would like to work for an organisation that values its staff, patients and consultants, we would like to hear from you.