Senior Registered Nurse
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Thornbury Hospital in Sheffield has a vacancy for a Senior Registered Nurse to join their team of staff.
This role is offered on a permanent, full time basis at 37.5 hours per week.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
• ENB 998 preferable
• Post Registration clinical courses preferable, but not essential.
• Evidence of continuous professional development.
• Understanding of NMC Code of Professional Conduct.
• Knowledge in acute medical / surgical nursing.
• Evidence of recent clinical update and knowledge of the implications of PREP.
• Knowledge of Customer Care and Quality Assurance tools.
• Good communication.
• Significant experience in an acute post registration setting.
• Preferred working knowledge of the independent sector, but not essential.
Duties of this role include:
• To deliver at all times high standards of quality care by assessment, evaluation and implementation of patient needs and guide others in this process.
• To act at all times in accordance with the NMC Code of Professional Conduct.
• To accept delegated responsibilities from the Ward Sister as required.
• Monitor and be responsible for staffing levels in relation to patient dependency.
• Ensure accurate records of patients’ care and progress maintained through individualised care plans.
• To formulate, in conjunction with Senior Nursing staff, procedures and standards and participate in Clinical Audits.
• Ensure compliance with Health and Safety legislation. To remain updated on Infection Control and COSHH issues.
• Ensure safe handling and maintenance of equipment.
• To participate through mentorship in the orientation and development of junior staff.
• To work effectively with the medical staff.
• To ensure compliance with all local and corporate policies and procedures
• To remain updated on Infection Control and COSHH issues
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
If you are committed to delivering excellence in patient care and would like to work for an organisation that values its staff, patients and consultants, we would like to hear from you. To be considered for this role, please complete our brief online application form and we will be in touch within 14 days of the closing date.