Registered General Day Nurse - Leeds
Position - Registered General Day Nurse - Leeds
Location - Leeds
Hours: Full Time - Permanent
Salary: £16 per Hour
The Vacancy -
My client is currently looking for a Registered General Day Nurse to join their team at Leeds. The Successful candidate will provide comprehensive provision of service for the residents with particular regard to their social and rehabilitation needs with the highest quality of care possible.
The home specialises in looking after residents with various forms of dementia. Its relaxed and friendly atmosphere makes my clients residents feel at home.
Reports to - Matron / Manager
Duties and responsibilities -
* Maintain Diary recording messages, requests and information.
* Liase with the Sisters regarding Diary entries.
* Give and take Report at shift changeover.
* Delegate tasks to Care Assistants
* Process Holiday and absence requests for night staff and log details on records.
* Complete Appraisals for staff as directed.
* Where necessary, implement disciplinary procedures in accordance with the policy and procedures detailed in the Home's Employment Handbook
Residents and Families:
* Admit new residents
* Meet with families of residents and provide up-dates and information regarding the resident's condition
* Contact relatives by telephone when significant changes in the resident's condition occur.
* Control and receipt/write off of residents personal clothing.
* Receive moneys for fees and issues receipts.
* Provide sustenance and a sympathetic ear during visits.
* Record requests for hairdressing and barbers for residents as requested by relatives.
* Complete basic administration when residents pass on.
* Act as first point of call for all telephone enquiries.
* Show round prospective clients
* Provide First Aid cover for all staff, residents and visiting relatives.
* Arrange prescriptions resulting from visits by GPs or as repeat prescriptions.
* Monitor Drugs fridge and take temperature readings.
* Complete Drugs round ensuring Mar sheets are completed in accordance with Local Authority instructions and ensuring that the correct supply of drugs is in stock.
* Complete and maintain Care Plans/Kardex for each resident.
* Apply dressings as and when necessary.
* Complete Hand-over notes.
Supervise and assist Care Assistants when dealing with residents in the following activities:
d. Basic hairdressing/nails etc..
e. Tidying areas/bedrooms/lounges/etc.
f. Re-stocking of stores
g. Monitoring of personal toiletries
General Duties -
* Monitor general state of equipment, reporting damaged or faulty equipment.
* Make basic repairs where possible and decommission any items that are considered to represent a risk.
* Carries out and is responsible for domestic policy during the night when on night duty.
Key Words - Registered General Nurse, RGN, Care Home, Registered Nurse, Dementia Care
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment
Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.
For more information and a detailed copy of the Job Spec please contact Sam Taylor at Pulse Jobs on 0161 245 4453 alternatively Please forward your CV to sam.a-
Apply for Registered General Day Nurse - Leeds
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly