Theatre Practitioner (Bank)
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Hampshire Clinic are recruiting for Theatre Practitioner - Scrub to join their team of staff in the Theatre department
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills (Desirable)
- ENB 998 and/or mentorship course (Desirable)
- External Advance Scrub Practitioner qualification (Desirable)
Duties of this role include:
- To provide quality planned care for patients during their peri operative phase of care by using appropriate clinical and leadership skills to ensure that all team members deliver quality evidence based care, in accordance to agreed operational policies and procedures.
- To support, co-ordinate and assist in the management and organisation of care provision within a delegated team in the Operating Department
- Assist in the delivery of patient care
- Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self
- Promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.