Theatre Practitioner - Multi Disciplined (Bank)
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Princess Margaret Hospital is conveniently located in Windsor, Berkshire, only 8 miles from Heathrow airport and boasting a view of Windsor Castle, the hospital is on the fringe of Windsor Great Park, a picturesque location in which the large 78 bed hospital offers treatment for both medical and surgical patients
BMI Healthcare’s Princess Margaret Hospital is recruiting for Bank Theatre Practitioner - Multi Disciplined to join their team of bank staff.
The Theatre department covers a wide range of specialities including Plastic Surgery, Major Orthopaedic surgery, Laparoscopic General and Gynaecological surgery. We are looking for energetic, innovative and enthusiastic Registered Practitioners with a wide range of clinical skills to operationally support the Recovery Team.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- External Advanced Scrub Practitioner qualification (Desirable)
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills. (Desirable)
- ENB 998 and/or mentorship course (Desirable)
Duties of this role include:
- To provide quality planned care for patients during their peri operative phase of care
- To support and assist in the management and organisation of care provision within the Operating Department
- Assist in the delivery of patient care
- Contribute to quality improvement
- Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self
- Promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice
- Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly.
- Respect the patient’s dignity, privacy, wishes and beliefs.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.