Duty Ward Manager - Bristol
Position: Duty Ward Manager - Bristol
Salary: Dependent on Experience
Hours: Full time - 37.5 Hrs
The Vacancy -
My client has an exciting opportunity for a Registered General Nurse to join the multidisciplinary team at their Treatment Centre in Bristol.. The centre offers day case and in-patient surgery across the following areas: dental surgery, ear, nose and throat procedures, endoscopy, general surgery, gynaecology, minor orthopaedic surgery, diagnostic imaging, pain management, ophthalmology, and urology.
Responsible To: Ward Manager
As the Deputy Ward Manager, your role will comprise of both clinical and managerial duties. You will be expected to assist in the efficient running of the ward, ensuring the highest possible standards of care are received by patients and their carers. You will also provide support, advice and guidance to all staff delivering patient care and will work closely with the multidisciplinary team.
Working with the Ward Manager you will foster an environment in which high quality cost effective services are delivered and where creativity, innovation and staff development all underpin the approach to managing the ward area in which each member of staff is recognised and valued. You will be an integral part of the ward team and multidisciplinary team as a whole. You will provide clinical knowledge and expertise to this group of patients and will take charge of the ward as senior nurse in charge.
Skills & Experience
* To be successful in this role you will have:
* Substantial relevant experience in acute care or elective surgical nursing with recent experience in day care/ short stay and inpatient nursing.
* Management experience, including understanding budgets and safe staffing levels
* Knowledge and skills of acute surgical care provision
* Up to date hands on clinical skills including phlebotomy, IV drug administration and performing ECGs Knowledge and experience of clinical supervision
* NMC Registered General Nurse Level 1 with surgical experience in a number of specialties.
* Teaching qualification/ ENB 998 or equivalent.
* Basic / Intermediate life support skills.
* ECG and Venupuncture training.
Key Words - Deputy Senior Inpatients RGN Nurse, Management, Senior Nurse, General Registered Nurse, Multi disciplined
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.
For more information please contact Zoe Allen at Pulse Jobs on 07918 720922 alternatively
Please forward your CV
Apply for Duty Ward Manager - Bristol
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly