Theatre Practitioner - Anaesthetics
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in our 58 hospitals in the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Bishops Wood Hospital in London has a vacancy for a Theatre Practitioner - Anaestheticsto join their team of staff within the Theatres Department.
This post is for 37.5 hours per week
It is essential that applicants have the following:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration
- Approved/recognised anaesthetic course.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills
- ENB 998 and/or mentorship course and/or D32/D33/A1
Duties of this role include:
- Assemble, check and prepare the appropriate anaesthetic equipment, drugs and consumables for a wide range of operative procedures incorporating various types of anaesthesia.
- The ability to coordinate the use of the supplies and equipment during an operating list ensuring the equipment is used in an appropriate and safe manor
- Conduct mandatory patient checks including informed consent, patients identity and operative site against the supporting documentation, prior to the start of the anaesthetic
- Assist the Anaesthetist throughout the perioperative phase of care
- Assist the anaesthetist in monitoring the patient’s condition throughout the procedure, taking appropriate action to manage any arising complications through contingency planning.
- Administer drugs and fluids to the appropriate GHG policy
- Communicate appropriately with others involved in the care of the patient
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Being the UK’s largest private healthcare provider, BMI Healthcare is able to offer staff excellent training support and progression potential, making this an excellent place to work.