Senior Theatre Practitioner
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in our 58 hospitals in the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Clementine Churchill Hospital in Harrow, have an opportunity for a Senior Theatre Practitioner to join our specialist Scrub team within the Theatre department.
Role Purpose & Core Responsibilities:
- To have shared responsibility for the planning and implementation of the care of perioperative patients whilst in the theatre department.
- To lead, when required, in the absence of senior staff
- Assess, implement and evaluate nursing care delivery, providing high standards of clinical and customer care
- To participate in scrub duties as required
- To take part in the ‘on call’ rota as required
- To assist in the setting and maintenance of clinical standards and implementation of clinical audit findings
- To provide advice and make decisions within the scope of own expertise
- To support and mentor students and junior staff and undertake training and updates as required
- To assist senior staff in the running and management of the department and take charge in the absence of senior staff
- To communicate effectively with the multidisciplinary team, patients, relatives and visitors
- Take part in department audits
- To assist the Recovery and Anaesthetic Team with the patient’s journey, enabling theatre lists to start on time
- To be responsible for the efficient use of stocks and supplies
- Ensure equipment is regularly checked and maintained as required
- Registered Practitioner with current NMC/ HPC registration
- Scrub experience across surgical specialities at band 5 or equivalent
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Current and up to date specific to specialty.
- Clinical Governance
- Patient Safety and the role of the National Patient Safety Agency (NPSA)
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good mentor/coaching skills.
- Application of knowledge of specialised procedures and equipment used in the operating theatre.
This is a full-time post for 37.5 hours per week. Please note that shift work and on-call is a requirement of this post.
Interested? Apply online today!
Please complete our brief online application form and we'll be in touch soon.