Registered Nurse - Nights
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in our 58 hospitals in the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Shirley Oaks Hospital in Croydon has a vacancy for a Registered Nurse to join their team of staff within the Wards covering Nights.
This post is part-time for 31.5 hours per week, Night shifts, 3 shifts per week.
It is essential that applicants have the following:
- NMC level 1 Registered Nurse
- Post Registration clinical courses as IV, Cannulation, ALS, AIMS, Male Catheterisation and Mentorship are essential.
- Evidence of continuous professional development.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to deal sensitively with all our customers and to liaise effectively with medical and nursing staff.
- Understanding of NMC Code of Professional Conduct.
- Knowledge in surgical and medical nursing.
- Evidence of recent clinical update and knowledge of the implications of PREP.
- Knowledge of Customer Care and Quality Assurance tools.
- Good communication.
- Good experience in an acute post registration setting.
Preferred working knowledge of the independent sector, but not essential.
Duties of this role include:
- To report to the Senior Nurse in Charge on day duty any issues or incidents that have occurred.
- To deliver at all times high standards of quality care by assessment, evaluation and implementation of patient needs and guide others in this process.
- To accept delegated responsibilities from Clinical nurse manager / Sister as required.
- Monitor staffing levels in relation to patient dependency.
- Ensure accurate records of patients’ care and progress maintained through individualised care plans.
- To formulate, in conjunction with Senior Nursing staff, procedures and standards and participate in Clinical Audits.
- To participate through mentorship in the orientation and development of junior staff.
- To work effectively with the medical staff.
- To assist in the promotion of sound communication channels between other members of staff, patients and visitors.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Being the UK’s largest private healthcare provider, BMI Healthcare is able to offer staff excellent training support and progression potential, making this an excellent place to work.