Senior Theatre Practitioner
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in our 58 hospitals in the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Clementine Churchill Hospital in London has a vacancy for a Senior Theatre Practitioner to join their team of staff within the Theatres Department.
This post is for 37.5 hours per week early; late; long day; 1 weekend in 4
It is essential that applicants have the following:
- Good scrub experience across surgical specialities at band 5 or equivalent
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Current and up to date specific to specialty.
- Clinical Governance
- Patient Safety and the role of the National Patient Safety Agency (NPSA)
- Health and Safety
- Infection Control
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good mentor/coaching skills.
- Application of knowledge of specialised procedures and equipment used in the operating theatre.
Flexibility. Live within distance of being able to respond to being on call.
Duties of this role include:
- Assess, implement and evaluate nursing care delivery, providing high standards of clinical and customer care
- To participate in scrub duties as required
- To take part in the ‘on call’ rota as required
- To assist in the setting and maintenance of clinical standards and implementation of clinical audit findings
- To provide advice and make decisions within the scope of own expertise
- To support and mentor students and junior staff and undertake training and updates as required
- To assist senior staff in the running and management of the department and take charge in the absence of senior staff
- To communicate effectively with the multidisciplinary team. Patients, relatives and visitors
- To report incidents, accidents, near misses and complaints in an appropriate and timely manner
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Being the UK’s largest private healthcare provider, BMI Healthcare is able to offer staff excellent training support and progression potential, making this an excellent place to work.