Theatre Practitioner - Scrub
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in our 58 hospitals in the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Shirley Oaks Hospital in Croydon has a vacancy for a Theatre Practitioner - Scrub to join their team of staff within the Theatres Department.
This post is full-time for 37.5 hours per week
Applicants shoul have the following:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills.
- NB 998 and/or mentorship course
- Scrub experience: General surgery, Gynaecology, urology, Ent
Duties of this role include:
- Assemble, check and prepare the appropriate surgical equipment, instruments and consumables for a wide range of operative procedures.
- The ability to co-ordinate the use of the supplies and additional equipment during an operating list ensuring the equipment is used appropriately and safely.
- Conduct mandatory patient checks including informed consent, patient’s identity and operative site against the supporting documentation, prior to the start of the procedure.
- Complete mandatory surgical checks prior to the start of the procedure, during and pre wound closure
- Monitor the patient’s condition throughout the procedure, taking appropriate action to manage any arising complications through contingency planning.
- Communicate appropriately with others involved in the care of the patient.
- Monitor, order, receive and check stock items including prosthesis, equipment/instrument and drugs.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Being the UK’s largest private healthcare provider, BMI Healthcare is able to offer staff excellent training support and progression potential, making this an excellent place to work.