Registered Nurse - Endoscopy (Bank)
BMI Shirley Oaks Hospital in Croydon, have an opportunity for a Registered Nurse to join our bank within the Endoscopy suite.
You will be required to work on an “as and when required” basis to supplement staffing levels during exceptionally busy periods and to cover leave within department.
- Provide quality planned care for patients undergoing endoscopic procedures
- To participate in the improvement in Essential Quality Requirements and Best Practice standards for flexible endoscopy services including decontamination and clinical care
- Respect the patient’s dignity, privacy, wishes and beliefs.
- Adhere to departmental decontamination programme for flexible endoscopes.
- Participate in the departmental audit program including decontamination, clinical standards, microbiological testing, patient experience etc.
*Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration.
- Knowledge of appropriate standards and external bodies (Care Quality Commission, GRS, JAG, HTM 01 -06).
- Experience / training in pain management, care of the deteriorating patient, care of patient under conscious sedation requiring monitored recovery
- Experience of clinical governance and audit
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills including clinical and decontamination.
- Experience in working in partnership with Consultants to deliver clinical care.
- Previous experience as a Registered Practitioner or equivalent in an endoscopy service
- I.T. Skills
- BLS / ILS
Salary & Employee Benefits Package:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV.