Sister / Charge Nurse
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in our 58 hospitals in the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s London Independent Hospital in Stepney Green has a vacancy for a Sister/Charge Nurse to join their team of staff within the Department.
This post is full-time for 37.5 hours per week: Night Duty; Monday - Sunday rota.
Applicants should have the following:
- Registered Nurse – Adult
- Strong post-registration acute nursing experience
- Teaching & Assessing / Mentorship qualification
- Post-registration specialty course / qualification
- Team leadership / management experience
Duties of this role include:
- To hold managerial responsibility for ward team in the absence of the Senior Sister for the provision of a high quality clinical care environment to agreed standards and objectives
- To act as Duty Senior Nurse in charge of the hospital during out of hours periods
- To assist with implementation, monitoring and evaluating standards of care
- To provide support and guidance for members of staff
- To ensure that ward operational policies are maintained and complied with and to advise staff of any amendments considered desirable
- To ensure that all Health & Safety policies and procedures are read, understood and complied with as far as reasonably practicable
- To assist in the setting and maintenance of clinical standards and implementation of clinical audits
- To assist in other departments as required
- To exercise economy in the use of drugs, dressings and equipment, providing a safe and cost effective service
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Being the UK’s largest private healthcare provider, BMI Healthcare is able to offer staff excellent training support and progression potential, making this an excellent place to work.