Endoscopy Practitioner (Bank)
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in our 58 hospitals in the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Cavell Hospital in London has a vacancy for an Endoscopy Practitioner to join their team of staff within the Theatres Department on a Bank basis.
Working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
It is essential that applicants have the following:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration.
- Basic and advanced Competence / qualification in Endoscopy Care and Decontamination
- Knowledge of appropriate standards and external bodies (Care Quality Commission, GRS, JAG, HTM 01 -06).
- Experience and training in pain management, care of the deteriorating patient, care of patient under conscious sedation requiring monitored recovery
- Experience of clinical governance and audit
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills including clinical and decontamination.
- Evidence of working in partnership with Consultants to explore and challenge existing practices while maintaining and enhancing services and standards.
- I.T. Skills
Experience in endoscopy within admission, discharge, procedure room, recovery and decontamination of flexible endoscopes, good knowledge with diagnostic and diverse therapeutic procedures.
Duties of this role include:
- Provide safe high quality patient care
- Contribute to quality improvement
- Implement best practice standards (HTM 01 – 06, Royal College guidelines, GRS, JAG, etc.) in endoscopy service delivery
- Encourage, develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self
- Promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice
- Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly.
- Respect the patient’s dignity, privacy, wishes and beliefs.
- Develop and support business initiatives, polices and strategies which improve the service delivered to all our customers.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Being the UK’s largest private healthcare provider, BMI Healthcare is able to offer staff excellent training support and progression potential, making this an excellent place to work.