Theatre Practitioner - Anaesthetics (Bank)
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in our 58 hospitals in the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Clementine Churchill Hospital in London has a vacancy for a Theatre Practitioner - Anaesthetics to join their team of staff within the Theatres Department on a Bank basis.
Working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Theatre Department open Monday to Saturday 07.30-21.00. Out of hours on call rota Shift pattern of early and lates, 7.5 hour shifts. Flexible shift patterns considered.Working alternate Saturdays and occasional bank holidays.
It is essential that applicants have the following:
- NMC/HPC Registered
- To work within NMC or HPC Codes of Practice.
- Some Anaesthetic/Recovery experience across surgical specialities at band 5 or equivalent
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Duties of this role include:
- To undertake scrub and circulating duties in a variety of surgical specialties
- Assess, implement and evaluate nursing care delivery, providing high standards of clinical and customer care
- To maintain safe custody, administration and documentation of drugs
- To take part in the ‘on call’ rota as required
- To assist in the setting and maintenance of clinical standards and implementation of clinical audit findings
- To communicate effectively with the multidisciplinary team. Patients, relatives and visitors
- To report incidents, accidents, near misses and complaints in an appropriate and timely manner
- Take part in department audits
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Being the UK’s largest private healthcare provider, BMI Healthcare is able to offer staff excellent training support and progression potential, making this an excellent place to work.