Registered Nurse (Bank)
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in our 58 hospitals in the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Cavell Hospital in London has a vacancy for a Registered Nurse to join their team of staff within the Outpatients Department on a Bank basis
Working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
It is essential that applicants have the following:
- Registered General Nurse.
- Post registration relevant clinical course desirable.
- Understanding of the NMC Code of Professional Conduct.
- Knowledge of acute medical / surgical / orthopaedic nursing.
- Ability to perform venepuncture and cannulation skills.
- Able to perform Electro-cardiograms.
- Ability to interpret results to a level at which the need to escalate is known.
- Must be willing to learn and be assessed as competent, in the aforementioned skills
- Evidence of recent clinical update.
- Good communication and organisational skills.
- Excellent customer care qualities.
Duties of this role include:
- To contribute to excellence in clinical and customer care.
- To deliver at all times high standards of quality care by assessment, evaluation and implementation of patient needs.
- Provide an experienced nurse role in the care of all patients attending the hospital regardless of location within the hospital.
- To develop a sound knowledge of multi-agency working and put systems in place for successful referral and liaison.
- To develop positive and progressive working relationships with all practising Consultants at The Hampshire Clinic.
- To routinely accept responsibilities and manage the department, reporting directly the Clinical lead nurse or Senior Nurse for hospital.
- To understand the role of Ward Managers and Practice Nurses in all clinical areas and provide support and co-operation in achieving set objectives.
- To accept delegated responsibilities from the Senior Nurse, Department Manager and Director of Nursing as required.
- To provide out-patient / pre-assessment care at a Registered Nurse level at all times.
- Ensure that skills and knowledge facilitate a safe clinical environment.
- To maintain accurate and legible patient records and be aware of the legal implications of these.
- To contribute towards the production of written standards and procedures and participate in clinical audit.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Being the UK’s largest private healthcare provider, BMI Healthcare is able to offer staff excellent training support and progression potential, making this an excellent place to work.