BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in our 58 hospitals in the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Bishops Wood Hospital in London has a vacancy for a Registered Nurse to join their team of staff within the Surgical Ward.
This post is for 37.5 hours per week
It is essential that applicants have the following:
- Valid NMC Registration
- Registered Nurse Level 1 or 2
- Evidence of professional development within scope of PREPP
- To communicate effectively within a multidisciplinary team
- Knowledge of NMC Professional Codes and an awareness of Hospital Policies
- Evidence of competency in area of practice
- Motivated to learn new skills and develop self
- Communication, Organisational and Counselling skills
Venepuncture and cannulation skills preferable
Duties of this role include:
- Assess, implement and evaluate nursing care with an evidence based approach, providing a high standard of clinical and customer care to all patients
- To accept responsibility and be professionally accountable for co-ordinating total nursing care for designated patients
- Demonstrate a consistently high standard of nursing care, developing care standards and monitoring their effectiveness
- To work as part of the ward team supporting the Team, Ward Sisters and Manager in terms of clinical, general, management and quality standards
- Promote a patient centred style of clinical practice, maintaining accurate and legible records of patient care
- Ensure the storage and administration of drugs is conducted with adherence to hospital policies
- Participate in the mentorship of HCA’s and new starters and assist in the provision of a ward environment conducive to learning
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Being the UK’s largest private healthcare provider, BMI Healthcare is able to offer staff excellent training support and progression potential, making this an excellent place to work.